Menlo Park, CA
Location/City : CA - Menlo Park
Area Code : 650
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23822
# 23822 Research Engineer
Our client is an early stage autonomous vehicle startup. Their deep learning approach to self driving is uniquely data and capital efficient, allowing them to get to market quickly. Their team consists of researchers from top schools like Harvard, MIT, Stanford and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora and more.
Their software is already available as an SDK, which has been purchased or deployed by 6 of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world. While their technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, they market their software for partial autonomy in consumer vehicles. Their goal is to integrate the software into millions of consumer vehicles in the coming years.
- Apply and extend proprietary algorithmic toolkits to perception at scale.
- Carefully executive deep learning experiments designed to provide new functionality for customers, such as intent modeling or depth perception, or to address releveant corner cases in the system as a whole
- Work closely with software and autonomous vehicle engineers to deploy your algorithms on internal and customer vehicle platforms.
- Has a sense of practical optimism. Robust perception is a difficult scientific problem, and many experiments do not work- however, the ones that do more than make up for it.
- Is comfortable operating under uncertainty to get to the desired result at any cost.
- Is a thoughtful, methodical, careful experimenter.
- Has experience customizing neural networks with Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Fluent in Python.
- General experience with numerical algorithms in Matlab, Python, or Julia.
- Graduate degree in mathematics, computer science, or a related field (this is strongly preferred, but not required for an otherwise truly exceptional candidate).
- 4 years of industry experience in a data science or engineering position.
Send resumes to email@example.com