Regional Sales Director - Pharma / CRO / Clinical Studies
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 732
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22456
#22456 Regional Sales Director - Pharma / CRO / Clinical Studies
Location: East Coast, 08753 (732)
Our client facilitates how study teams get clinical trials started and done. They're building the modern way to work together; a fast and versatile web application that connects sponsors, CROs, and sites with what's going on, their shared priorities, and who owns each part of the effort. They are software engineering, clinical operations, and thought leaders from companies like Amgen, Genentech, Quintiles, Roche, Johnson & Johnson, CERN, McKinsey & Company, Intuit, Cisco WebEx, E*TRADE, Peoplesoft and Sun Microsystems. We're backed by Aberdare Ventures, Singapore EDBI, Qualcomm Life Fund of Qualcomm Ventures, West Health Investment Fund, and an experienced team of advisors.
The clinical study startup process is awful. Existing tools used to track site activation tasks and documents are manual, bloated, and complex. To take the next step in clinical study productivity, we need a fresh start. Our client created a way to help take that step; to improve the productivity of sponsors, CROs, and sites, to ultimately get medicines to those in need faster.
The Regional Sales Director will report directly to the Founder and President. This is a mid-level, individual contributor sales position; you'll manage your territory by selling directly into pharmaceutical companies and Contract Research Organizations (CROs). You'll build and work the entire sales pipeline from prospecting for new business, to cold-calling, to getting client meetings, to closing business. You should have a hunger for personal and company success and enjoy working on a high functioning, competitive, and collaborative team.
Our Sales team is responsible for introducing our products to new customers and driving new business for the company. Previous pharma experience is required, and clinical trials experience is preferred. The Regional Sales Director will play an important and highly visible role in liaising with key executives in the life sciences industry. One of our core values is working as a team, and we expect our Sales team to live and breathe team collaboration to ensure the team's and company's success.
This position will be based on the East Coast and work from home.
What you'll do
-Penetrate, profile, qualify, and schedule well-qualified appointments with key decision makers within targeted pharmaceutical companies.
- Cold-call, network, and email a high volume of prospects and sales operations leaders, and utilize resources to build and maintain the sales pipeline.
- Learn and demonstrate a solid understanding of our technology, and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers to successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Comprehensively present and explain our solution via web demo.
- Effectively position and liaise with prospects ranging from end-users, to Directors, to the CX level.
- Achieve and exceed monthly sales quotas.
- Work closely with sales and marketing team members to achieve organizational goals.
- Provide continual input to the sales and marketing organizations to refine positioning and adapt to new market opportunities.
- Generate new business and sales leads through a mixture of cold calling and following up on marketing campaigns and inbound inquiries.
- Work with existing clients to grow their accounts and find referrals.
- Schedule meetings with target accounts.
- Manage inbound leads.
- Make outbound calls to targeted accounts.
- Understand programs and offerings and effectively communicate and apply them to each prospect's needs.
Skills you have
- 4+ years of direct sales experience with proven achievement of sales targets, along with a track record of successfully selling enterprise software solutions (preferably SaaS).
- Previous experience selling into the pharmaceutical and CRO industry is required; clinical trials experience preferred.
- Previous experience presenting online demos to a wide variety of clients, including senior-level executives, and proven success closing the sale.
- Customer oriented background required (sales, support, customer service).
- Qualities of cooperation, adaptability, flexibility as changes occur in the department, and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Solid understanding of web, enterprise, and SaaS technoloigies.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to change priorities quickly, and the capacity to multi-task.
- Strong interest in technology, and the ability to clearly explain even the most complicated ideas to a non-technical audience.
What's in it for you
- Become part of a team that is new, energized, and going places fast.
- Earn a generous compensation package, including benefits from day one.
- Medical, dental, vision care, commuter checks and a 401(k).
- Reap the fruits of stock options as a reward for your energy, contributions, and dedication.
- A PTO plan that starts accruing the moment you start.
Jon Piggins / Redfish Technology
Executive Recruiter, IT Division
Nationwide High Tech Recruiting