Principal Software Engineer
Location/City : MA - Cambridge
Area Code : 703
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23811
23811 Principal Software Engineer
Boston, MA (or remote in EST time zone)
Our client's mission is to improve the process of extracting meaningful intelligence from multilingual text and digital devices by developing the industry's best software. Their platform uses state of the art natural language processing (NLP) techniques.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will improve and implement the design of components of our client's platform, help to drive technology strategy and identify future technology directions. Help create the next wave of software for Natural Language Processing and text analytics!
- Serve as technical lead for a key component of the platform.
- Work with product management to identify needed software improvements.
- Research and prototype new technologies to improve the platform.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Participate in agile sprint and release planning.
- 10+ years experience in Java development.
- Knowledge of computational linguistics and/or NLP a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr and/or Apache Lucene a plus.
- Familiarity with data science a plus.
- Experience working with a team to deliver software.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred.
- A passion to design, build and polish innovative applications.