San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23834
#23834 FullStack EngineerLocation: San Francisco, CACompany: Our client is helping districts adapt to the pandemic and properly provide for their communities. Admins are figuring out how to deliver PPEs to their schools, how to feed families when classes are not in session, how to give internet access to students without it at home, how to support special needs with remote learning and more. To do all this, they not only need to communicate rapid changes to their staff, they also need to ensure everyone has the tools they need to do their day to day work along with these new responsibilities. Our platfrom and team enables the processes that help districts keep ahead of these evolving needs and support their people.Even when we're not in a pandemic, necessary bureaucracy and government regulation and requirements can put school districts in a bind. Our client's platform is a transformational upgrade for them. They provide schools the opportunity to escape the burden of their operating requirements, giving them more time for truly important work, without having to disrupt how they operate.Job Opportunity:
The mindset that runs through everything that they do is our focus on having an equitable, diverse and inclusive culture. How we sell our platform, how we write code. Every team and process works in a way that takes those values and goals into consideration. We conduct onsite research to understand the day to day of everyone who touches the platform from the front office secretary at the school site to the assistant superintendent of business in the district office. We also work to be intentional in how we collaberate as an engineering team to make sure that our newest engineers are supported and have the space to speak up and that our most senior people continue to have space to learn and hone their craft. We need your help:
- On a wide variety of projects that require research and learning to complete.
- Building a consistent and reusable front end architecture to support our long term vision
- Digging into back end performance issues
- Exploring the space and find solutions to problems that we may not know we even have
- Contributing to their engineering culture that encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work
- A little bit of everything both in engineering and across the companyResponsibilities:
- Drive, iterate, and execute our go-to-market plan to achieve revenue targets and expand our customer base- Own our sales processes from lead gen to close to upsell.- Create disciplined, repeatable processes so we can accurately forecast and meet our goals, including refining our sales team structure, sales model, sales training and sales collateral materials.- Hire, manage and coach both the SDR team and account executive team to drive both performance and accountability.- Work closely with marketing to refine and manage our ideal customer profile, market segmentation and targeted messaging. Partner with our customers to deeply understand the K12 landscape.- Lead from the front. You will start as a player-coach so it is important you demonstrate to the team you are the best salesperson in the room.- Travel onsite to customer engagements. Get involved in every aspect of the deal from lead to relationship building to executive presentations and close.Requirements:
- At least 4 + years of engineering experience- Experience with Rails 5.2- Experience with Postgresql- Experience with Typescript (React/jQuery/Vanilla)- Experience with Sass CSS,- Experience with Circle CI- Experience with Heroku- Experience with Github
What does a normal day look like?
[They are currently all working remotely, though when it's safe to return to the SF office, many of us will be there. In some cases we are able to support full-remote engineers who are not in the Bay Area]. They are a team of 5 developers and they like to work collaboratively. This means that you'll generally be working on a project with another person or two. The projects are part of 6 week cycles that they plan out and tackle together (no sprints). They tick-tock between product/feature arcs and engineering arcs.A standard day might look like:
They put a high priority on timely code review, so maybe warm up by reviewing a branch?
10am: 15 Minute stand-up (except Fridays) talking about any new developments, the plan for the day, and any blockers
Mondays at 10:30 we have a company all hands to review how each department is doing
The rest of the day, check in with your project team and work together, pair, or divvy up work individually
On Fridays they alternate between: Demo Hour and Code Chatter. At Demo Hour everyone gives a 7 minute talk about something work related. Code Chatter is an hour to spend discussing a topic we've learned either at or outside of work. Recent topics: OSS contributing tactics, a coding challenge from 99 Bottles of OOP, and web application security.
Mix in a weekly 1:1 with your manager, a team retro every two weeks, and a skip level 1:1 with one a Co-founder every month
Email your resume to Leah@redfishtech.com