San Francisco , CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 408
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23479
#23479 Full-Stack Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Business insurance is failing the modern founder. Brokers are selling the same old, bloated policies. Our client is fixing insurance for startups and founders in the technology sector with Insurance-as-a-Service; the first comprehensive commercial insurance that integrates with business tools.
Our client is a new technology-first insurance carrier, backed by an eight-figure seed round from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments, Gusto for payroll and benefits, and Xero for accounting, our client aims to create the go-to business insurance product for startups.
Led by experienced serial entrepreneurs from financial services and technology, you'd be joining a small team of stellar professionals excited to launch a category-defining product in the second half of 2019.
As a founding full-stack engineer, you will play an integral part in designing and implementing their platform from the ground up, and help shape the culture and direction of the engineering team.
- 3+ years web development experience
- Experience building backend services with Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience in Postgres or another transactional, relational database system, as well as ability to design schemas
- Exceptional communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, executives and other stakeholders.
- Experience with web development best practices such as A/B testing, TDD, code reviews etc.
- Experience with HashiCorp tools (Consul, Vault, and Terraform)
- Polygot programmer comfortable developing in different programming languages
- Understanding of event based systems, message queues, immutable database design
- TypeScript and/or ECMAScript 6 (ES6)
Please send resumes to email@example.com