Category : Customer/Technical Support
Location/City : CA - Santa Clara
Area Code : 609
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23202
Deployment Engineer / Technical Leader
Customer Success | Office San Jose, Ca, Raleigh, NC or Remote | Full Time
The Deployment Engineer / Technical Leader can make the biggest impact with our customers on how they view our product and to gain their confidence in our technical leadership and solutions in general. This is a senior, extremely technical, hands-on, customer, facing role that has an immediate and directly measurable impact on our product with customers and partners. The ideal candidate for this position will thrive at taking extremely complex, brittle customer environments and revolutionizing them using our product all while navigating the nuances and complexities of customer requirements and needs
They are the face of our operations, whether on-site or interacting with customers by email/telephone.
The primary responsibilities for this position will be:
- Conduct deployment readiness assessment and planning
- Perform onsite installation of our equipment and software as coordinated thru the Professional Services Group.
- Hosting preinstall meetings/conference calls for design and planning the installation with the customer.
- Installing, configuring, and testing the network to the plan.
- Submitting post-install documentation as required and provide closure concerning any remaining action items.
- Perform onsite troubleshooting as required and dispatched by the Technical Support Organization.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Perform after-hours on-call support (as scheduled).
- While not involved in install activities, work and assist the Technical Support Organization with Tier3 incidents during regular work hours.
- Take every opportunity to maintain proficiency and increase the level of knowledge on our products, software, and services.
- Make key product and solution recommendations around ease of use and represent customer needs.
- Ensure customers can grow at the pace of business.
- Application Delivery expertise L7 SLB / Global SLB / Traditional Link LB
- Application Performance Monitoring expertise Response time metrics, Application identification.
- Packet capture analysis / fault isolation and remediation
- Network Security expertise (IPS/IDS, ZBFW, NGFW)
- In-depth IP Routing protocol expertise (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Implementation of Legacy WAN solutions (MPLS, Leased Line, Frame Relay, Satellite, Internet VPN, ECMP, DMVPN)
- Global-scale network design
- Demonstrable Virtualization experience (VMware/Microsoft/Citrix/Linux KVM)
- Desire to learn on your feet and thrive on the bleeding edge of networking.
Typically requires BS/MS Engineering or equivalent, plus extensive experience in a network engineering environment.
- Technical Sales/marketing or other support customer-facing experience highly desirable
- Expert-level Vendor certifications Application Networking, Virtualization, Legacy Networking.
- Close proximity to a major metropolitan area and airport.