Business Development Manager
New Orleans, LA
Location/City : LA - New Orleans
Area Code : 504
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23401
#23401 Account Executive Edtech
Location: New Orleans, LA
Our client is a New Orleans based education technology company that produces the leading online professional learning platform for educator development and growth. They provide an all-in-one platform that makes it easy for organizations to support educator growth. Their mission is to improve outcomes for students and children by improving educator effectiveness. They are currently serving a wide range of customers including districts, charter schools, universities, early education providers and non-profits. We are immensely proud of the fact that many of our customers are innovators in education including NYC Dept. of Education, Success Academy Charter Schools, KIPP, Harvard University, Stanford University and the state of New Mexico.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a critical part of a dynamic sales team that is focused on executing a strategic business development plan to source leads and grow partnership and relationships across the entire K-12 education landscape in the US including, but not limited to , districts, district schools, charter schools, and charter CMOs. Success in this position requires leveraging internal resources to sell their education technology products and services in a highly collaborative fashion and the ability to understand, communicate and align a spectrum of customer needs to their offerings. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of meeting individual and company-wide revenue goals and will be able to assist with their long-term portfolio of customers and manage a multi-faceted business pipeline.
- Strategy and planning.
- Assist in planning and executing their overall sales and business development strategy in K-12.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of key customer needs including a thorough understanding of how the company's technology and services create value for customers.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the financial and technology trends that are affecting and impacting K-12 education.
- Specialty projects/initiatives as assigned.
- Business Development/Relationship Management
- Aggressively seek and forge new relationships by leveraging the company's existing customers and relationships to generate referrals.
- Manage and grow key accounts in an organized and strategic fashion.
- Use telephone and email consistently to make outgoing sales calls seeking new customers.
- Handle incoming calls and assigned leads.
- Work with the company's management resources, engineering resources, and relationship management resources, to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Attend relevant industry events, conferences, trade shows and functions.
- Provide comprehensive plans and pipeline updates to the management team.
- With support from the appropriate internal resources, present special programs and opportunities to prospects and customers.
- Aid the CEO and other members of the sales team in prospecting and building new business relationships with suppliers, vendors and technology partners.
- Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year university degree is desired; an advanced degree in education, business, finance, accounting or law is a strong plus.
- 1- 4 years of experience in the K-12 education sector
- Sales/business development experience in education with a record of meeting and exceeding targets is a strong plus
- Sales experience in the professional development or human capital development industries is a strong plus.
- Strong negotiation and business modeling skills (must be proficient with excel and standard modeling techniques).
- Technical aptitude, with the ability to appropriately understand and match technical requirements to individual customer needs.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, listening and written communication skills.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple sales activities.
- High level of professionalism and integrity; good judgment.
- Superior work ethic and high energy level.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced, growing startup environment.
- Travel required.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org