Backend Python Engineer
San Fran, CA
Location/City : CA - San Fran
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23855
#23855 Backend Engineer EdtechLocation: Remote
We're looking for a Python Backend Engineer with practical experience building great software. You will help create web services that deliver ML models, data for reporting and provide the backbone for an AI-powered education game. This is a mid-level position -- you should have at least 2 years of experience as a backend engineer using Python. Real experience working with a Cloud platform, preferably AWS, is required. Experience building commercial software is a strong positive.
Our client's mission is to reinvent the way kids learn to read. AI is changing everything. You will used the power of machine learning to help every child become a masterful and motivated reader.You will join an expert team that has built some of the most successful and widely used applications in American schools. You will create the next generation of AI - powered software for the classroom and home. You will be focused on using your analytical skills, spreadsheet mastery, and programming/scripting abilities to identify ways to make their product better.Our client's product was created at Carnegie Mellon University. The first AI-powered tutor, their product is able to listen to young children read aloud, assess their mastery and deliver 1:1 personalized tutoring. Google and Amazon are investors and partners. Already at work in more than 250 school districts across the country, they are accelerating reading mastery for struggling readers.
Flexibility - They encourage people to live and work where you desire. They work as a truly distributed team. They worked remoted before COVID and will be working remotely after the pandemic is long gone.
Collaboration - They work together closely, using collaborative tools and periodic f2f get togethers.
Lean & Agile - They believe in ownership and continuous feedback.
Mission-Driven - What's important to them is helping kids. They care about tangible, measurable impact.Role:
- Work within AWS to build backend web services
- Code Python services that support rick reporting and client UX
- Code in Python to support ML models- Work with Senior Engineers and Data Scientists to build and deploy services encapsulating ML Models- Build edtech functionality that reflects best practices in neuroscience and reading science
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer using Python
- Experience creating commercial SaaS software
- Experience working with AWS or another cloud platform- Strong grounding in good programming techniques.
Submit Resume to email@example.com