Backend Engineer - Python Generalist
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 312
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23283
23283 Backend Engineer - Python Generalist
Location: Chicago, IL 60607Company:
In just a few short years, our client has grown into America's largest purchase panel, helping brands and retailers grow via next generation consumer insights. Through their portfolio of proprietary mobile apps that incentivize a representative sample of Americans to take pictures of their receipts, they capture nearly 1 out of every 500 shopping trips made across the country. These shoppers also complete in-the-moment surveys to more fully explain the why behind the buy.' With more than 100 million brick-and-mortar and ecommerce receipts captured annually, they've rapidly become a primary source of real-time, omnichannel behavioral insights for industry leaders across the board. Our client is looking for a self-starting engineer with a deep desire to learn & previous experience developing web applications ground-up. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable across the stack knowing their way around server-side web frameworks, leveraging relational databases to get the job done, tweaking web servers, building cross-device UX & building scalable APIs in Python (or other web languages). They believe that mobile/web experiences are the future, and they're building a team that has deep engineering chops to take on some of the most ambitious projects. To help accomplish this goal, you will have the environment to execute on your vision, the tools you need to rapidly iterate through your ideas and a dedicated team to help make you and your work better. In addition to writing quality software, they're looking for individuals who also enjoy the other aspects of building a new company: designing features, making good product decisions, programming at all levels of the stack, and the wearing of many hats.Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with server-side development, especially Python.
- Solid understanding of REST and building scalable APIs.
- Solid understanding of writing SQL and transactional databases (MySQL, Postgres).
- Experience developing, releasing, and supporting backend code.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.Contact:Jon Piggins / Redfish TechnologyExecutive Recruiter, IT Sales & MarketingO: 208-788-8260E: jon[at]redfishtech[dot]comL: www.linkedin.com/in/jonpigginsW: www.redfishtech.comRedfish Technology Building Growth-Mode Tech Companies with Hand-Picked Talent.