Autonomous Vehicle Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
Location/City : CA - Menlo Park
Area Code : 650
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23821
# 23821 Autonomous Vehicle Engineer
Our client is an early stage autonomous vehicle startup. Their deep learning approach to self driving is uniquely data and capital efficienct, allowing them to get to market quickly. Their team consists of researchers from top schools like Harvard, MIT, Stanford and Caltech and engineers from companie like Google, Stripe, Quora and more.
Their software is already available as an SDK, which has been purchased or deployed by 6 of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world. While their technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, they market their software for partial autonomy in consumer vehicles. Their goal is to integrate the software into millions of consumer vehicles in the coming years.
- Develop sensor fusion, path planning and control algorithms across the spectrum of L2+, L3, and L4 products and software demonstrations.
- Develop new sensor fusion algorithms to integrate their perception functionality into driving system, focused on automotive-grade radar and lidar, including next-generation sensors
- Use Cloud computing abstractions to design and implement algorithm validation software at scale, for testing new functionalities.
- Provide design guidance for effective simulation testing of algorithms
- Design software integration plans for OEM vehicles
- Identify algorithmic changes needed for adapting to various sensor sets and middlewares
- Work with systems engineers to make integrations a reality
- Prior experience with sensor fusion and path planning, or related mathematical problems
- Experience designing mathematicacl models for integrating noisy measurements to produce useful control signals
- Engineering experience integrating numerical algorithms into embedded platforms as well as simulation test harness
- Fluent in Python and familiar with C++
- General experience with numerical algorithms in Matlab, Python or Julia
- Familiar with real time/ embedded operating systems
- BS/MS degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science
- At least four years of industry experience
Please submit resume to email@example.com