Android engineer - Live Television Streaming Service
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23257
#23257 Android engineer - Live Television Streaming Service
Location: San Francisco, 94107
Our Client is a San Francisco-based startup building the future of television letting you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing. Their leadership consists of founding team members from Facebook and Meraki, and brings deep industry experience to the team. They're a small team that puts our product experience first. They foster a flexible work environment that is supportive but allows for autonomy so that everyone on the team can help us build towards our vision. Our client's engineers own what they build from start to finish. They ship to production multiple times per day and keep unnecessary process to a minimum so they can maintain our pace of rapid development. They value pragmatism, having pride in our work, and deep transparency at all levels.
Our client's engineers hack up and down the technology stack. It's not uncommon for them to go from backend coding to user experience design, from the video encoding pipeline to system scalability, from site maintenance to iOS/Android development. We are actively hiring engineers who are looking to build a completely new kind of product and who have a passion for back-end, firmware, mobile or front-end development.
As an Android engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Architecting, building, and owning the Android mobile experience.
- Contributing to UX design decisions bringing domain expertise.
- Helping to grow the mobile team.
- Eventually spearheading an Amazon Fire application.
- Comfortable with Java.
- Familiar with the Android ecosystem including feature sets and best practices across devices and operating system versions.
- 5+ years of mobile development experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with video playback.
- React native (prototyping).
- Experience with cross device interoperability (e.g. casting).
- iOS experience.