Sr. Software Engineer - Backend/Infrastructure
Palo Alto, CA
Location/City : CA - Palo Alto
Area Code : 408
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22780
Job # 22780 - Sr. Software Engineer - BackendLocation: Palo Alto, CACompany:Our client is building the future of data security --and it's wrought with exciting engineering challenges! As a cloud-based SaaS product, their product is the first data security solution that allows everyone administrators and employees alike to take control over their most sensitive data in a way that enhances, not hinders their productivity. Beyond building great technology, our team is deeply motivated to build a world-class company, the foundation of which is talented, thoughtful, and ambitious people who are inspired to do things that matter. They are well-funded by a prominent group of investors with a track-record of supporting and building great companies.Job Opportunity:As a Senior Backend Engineer you will get to use your technical skills to drive the development of our revolutionary core technologies and scale the size and capabilities of our backend. You'll be working within a cross-functional team to build out ThinAir's products and platform reinforcing our vision of security through simplicity.
You will be responsible for designing and architecting the core APIs that power every aspect of the product. You'll have the ability to shape product and engineering decisions as we grow.Responsibilities:- Be responsible for overall system design and development efforts.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Proactively scope and present new ideas to solve design and development challenges improving functionality and customer experience.
- Deliver clean code in a timely manner allowing the team to hit delivery deadlines.
- Research and recommend technical decisions such as language and framework use.
- Implement software solutions using modern techniques and toolsets including the use of Git, Travis CI, and Docker.
- Own the delivery of quality code from pull request all the way to production.
- Optimize database communications to balance low latency response times with availability and durability guarantees.
- Contribute as a team player in a flat-structured, highly collaborative environment.Requirements:
- Some experience with Python working with Django or other web frameworks.
- 5+ years experience designing and delivering scalable distributed systems in a variety of languages / environments.
- Independence and self-reliance while being a pro-active team player with excellent communication skills.
- Security experience and passion about the security space.
- Experience breaking up monolithic applications: you should know when it's the right choice and when it's a waste of time.
- Excellent general programming skills and understanding of OO concepts.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with AWS.
This is an opportunity with a very innovative security startup in Palo Alto, CA. Some of the Perks are:
- Innovative, customer centric culture & bright, passionate teammates
- Competitive compensation
- 100% paid health care
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- Free laundry service
- Gym Membership
- Macbooks for everyone!
- Unlimited Philz and Peet's coffee
- Ability to make history while having fun doing it!
p: 208-788-8260||| 336-645-3858