Location/City : CA - Berkeley
Area Code : 650
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 23654
Bay Area, California
Our Client is a ~25 person quantitative cryptocurrency trading firm based out of Berkeley and Hong Kong. They account for over 2% of global crypto trading volume and have traded roughly 100 billion dollars since our inception 1.5 years ago. They provide liquidity in over 1000 coins and their derivatives across 60 exchanges, 24/7. They ve been profitable 14 out of the last 15 months, have been rapidly growing, and are excited to add on new team members.
Our team has backgrounds from leading trading firms such as Jane Street, SIG, and Optiver; leading tech companies such as Facebook and Google; and major crypto exchanges and institutions.
We have been consistently profitable over the last year. Our AUM has grown rapidly.
We are a small team, growing quickly, and the work that engineers do is extremely high impact.
Crypto is an ever-evolving and ever-maturing space, and our client plays a significant role in where it s headed.
We re looking to a developer to add to our team of five. At a high level, we manage three large software systems:
- We recently built an exchange and are devoting a large fraction of our resources towards it. Check it out at ftexchange.com
- A platform for large individual clients to make OTC trades ( over the counter trades -- i.e. direct, not through an exchange): alamedaotc.com
Our core business: automated trading systems. These are comprised of:
- Data fetching engines, storage systems, and pipelines: things that allow us to get market data and place trades
- Trading systems for our (human) traders to use
- Several bots. Some conduct the dramatic majority of our trading volume, others tackle problems like automating capital allocation
For promising candidates, we re happy to shape the role around their strengths and preferences. Here are the types of traits we would be excited to see:
- The ability to build and grapple with large, full-stack systems
- An inclination towards moving quickly and independently
- Experience in DevOps is a plus. We process and store a lot of data, and there is plenty of low hanging fruit with respect to its handling and usage
- Good product sense (developers are the de facto product managers of our human trading systems)
- Experience developing with Python, Flask, AWS, and React
Note: our work relates only tangentially to crypto: knowledge about it can be useful but it is not a requirement.
Will Brewer / Redfish Technology
Business Development Representative
Building Growth-Mode Tech Companies With Handpicked Talent Since 1999
$150,000 - $200,000