Senior Sales Engineer - Network Intelligence
Santa Clara, CA
Location/City : CA - Santa Clara
Area Code : 408
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Country/Locale : USA
Id : 22447
#22447 Senior Sales Engineer - Network Intelligence
Location: Santa Clara, CA, 95054
Reports to : VP US Sales
Industry: Computer Software, Computer Networking, Computer & Network Security
Company:Our client leads the market for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology used in physical, SDN and NFV architectures. The company supplies software to vendors who embed real-time application visibility in their products for traffic optimization, service chaining, quality of service, analytics, cyber security and more. As the leading supplier of IP traffic classification and network intelligence software, they contribute actively to open source projects and international standards, and serves 75% of the market. Job Opportunity:The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for pre-sales activities for existing customers, partners and new sales opportunities. Focus markets: SDN / NFV, Cyber Security, Network Monitoring, TEMs Responsibilities:- Working with customers to understand their technical challenges and requirements and to have effectively proposed desired solutions.
- Account responsibility for all lead technical activities. This includes building relationships across customer's development silos to document their projects and understand their challenges.
- Support Sales teams in achieving financial targets via the sales process by assisting sales in accurately assessing / forecasting opportunities and by investigating the prospect ?'s organizational hierarchy, at all level.
- Strong Networking and Application background desired along with a working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Provide specialized technical support to the prospect/customer using best practices techniques along with other available resources provided to the Sales Engineering group.
- Create and deliver PoCs, manage competitive Bakeoffs, run onsite presentations or host remote presentations using WebEx, ability to perform product demonstrations, show ability to lead whiteboard discussions.
- Support technical discussions with; Data Center Operators, Service providers, OEMs, indirect and direct Channels.
- Understand the industry competitive landscape along with our unique value proposition.
- Direct experience supporting OEM design-in cycles.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Thorough understanding of IP networks and services (IP based, VoIP, SDN / NFV, VoD, 4G ? ).
- Experience in C language programming
- Master Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is a plus.
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues.
- Thorough knowledge of sales procedures, company ?'s products, and all potential applications.
- Good organizational and long-range planning skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have proven technical/presentation and selling ability.
- Ability to work with multiple departments internally and with customer organizations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under pressure.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team player, enthusiastic, hardworking, and enjoy interfacing with customers on a day to day basis.
- Travel: approx. 25%, mainly within the Bay Area and to East Coast clients (DC, NYC, Boston).Contact:Jon Piggins / Redfish TechnologyExecutive Recruiter, IT DivisionO: 208-788-8260E: jon[at]redfishtech[dot]comL: www.linkedin.com/in/jonpigginsF: www.facebook.com/RedfishTechT: twitter.com/RedfishTechG+ plus.google.com/+RedfishtechN: tinyurl.com/ylmtqqc/W: www.redfishtech.comNationwide High Tech Recruiting