Front End Engineer - Growth Marketing Platform
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22873
#22873 Front End Engineer -- Growth Marketing Platform
Location: San Francisco, CA, 94103
Industry: Mobile, Internet, Marketing
This is the next major player in marketing technology. Their mission is to empower growth marketers, giving them access to the growth marketing and user engagement tools built at companies like Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. They know this space well: our team built the growth systems that powered Twitter's massive early growth.
Data drives every decision they make as a company, from designing new features to understanding server infrastructure performance and everything in-between. As our Client's first Data Engineer, you will architect and develop data pipelines that deliver information throughout our company with speed, reliability, and accuracy. If wrangling terabytes of data to do all of the above with a high degree of independence excites you, then they'd love to talk.
Making the platform easy to use and attractive for non-technical users is extremely important. As a Front-End Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to make the platform highly usable and enjoyable for marketers.
They believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture. You'll ship features your first day here. You'll get to work on what you like (we practice open allocation) and one of our explicit goals as a team is to build a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture. Our team of hackers and thinkers is small, lean, and empathetic.
- Own the front-end of the product with a huge amount of autonomy
- Build modular, reusable components and features
- Find and address front-end performance issues
- Participate in code reviews and ship code on daily basis
- Collaborate with a small and nimble team of engineers
------ B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years development experience in high-tech industry
- Advanced knowledge of AngularJS
- Demonstrated eye for design and work samples
- Experience working on a large-scale production web application
- Experience with common JS libraries and modern build tools
- Experience with server-side MVC web frameworks
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Awareness of performance considerations
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Experience with Git in a team setting
- Experience with Stylus, SASS and/or CoffeeScript
- Experience with Scala and the Play 2 framework
- Experience with Postgres, Elasticsearch and/or Redis
- Experience with Bash scripting and Unix-based systems
- Experience with testing frameworks (Selenium, Protractor or Karma)
- Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems and statistics
This is a growth marketing and user engagement platform. B2C marketers use us to send the right message, to the right device, at the right time. The product gives marketers very sophisticated tools that are easy to use and that work across all marketing channels, including email, push notifications, SMS and more.
Why is this a great opportunity? Because this is a huge market (every single B2C company should be using a tool like Iterable) that is filled with products/technologies that were built over a decade ago (and it shows). They are growing very quickly and delighting its customers with a platform that is easy to integrate and use, works seamlessly across all marketing channels, and scales to hundreds of millions of users.
We are all very focused on self improvement
We have egalitarian and transparent values
We are chill and empathetic people
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Will Thomas / Redfish Technology
Executive Recruiter, IT Division