VP of Engineering - Professional Mobile Dating Application
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22612
#22612 VP of Engineering Professional Mobile Dating ApplicationLocation: San Francisco, CA, 94107Company:Our Client is a pre-series A startup backed by IDG Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, xSeed Capital, Structure capital as well as notable angels. The Founder is a Stanford MBA (ex-Google, ex-Salesforce) with a strong product sense (engineering degree from Carnegie Mellon) and a fierce determination to change the dating space for the better. This company has hundreds of thousands of people waiting for it to open it ?'s gates in other metros and is looking to take their dating app to the next level.Job Opportunity:
They have found product market fit, a successful business model, and they are finally ready for a senior technical leader who will come in, take charge, and bring our iOS and Android apps to the next level! As the VP-Engineering with our client, you will be responsible for building our in-house engineering team and driving the app forward in quality, features, and scalability. They re looking for an exceptionally talented senior backend engineer who has scaled platforms to at least 1M DAUs and has made the jump to management, but is not afraid of getting their hands dirty on the back-end. As an experienced engineer you will set the quality bar and be relied upon to deliver an app experience that is in a league of its own.
- Build out an awesome best-in-class engineering culture!
- Own the product roadmap and work with PM & CEO to add new items to it regularly. Make technical and product decisions based on roadmap.
- Own and monitor product analytics, recommend improvements to increase revenue and engagement, decrease churn.
- Source, vet, and hire full-time engineer employees.
- Manage engineers and contractors.
- Create weekly sprints.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Dictate deployment workflow process to ensure highest level of productivity.
- Code review PRs to ensure engineers are following best practices.
- Build engineering culture; hold engineers accountable when sprints are missed; reward engineers when they make it.
- Handle all Dev Ops, lead search for Dev Ops team if needed.
- Own engineering budget and reduce burn strategically.
- Prioritize pivotal with PM weekly.
- At least 7 years experience in software/computer engineering
- At least 2 years managing teams of engineers.
- Experience hiring and building a team from the ground up.
- Experience collaborating with other engineers to create apps with significant design and back-end engineering aspects
- Proven experience implementing and monitoring in-app analytics.
- Natural at debugging and profiling own applications.
- Experience with AWS, basic dev ops, and scaling infrastructure to support increases in users.
- Experienced in SQL and Postgres.
- Familiar and up-to-date on mobile architecture design.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience developing, releasing and maintaining native iOS or Android applications.
- Deep knowledge of the iOS SDK, Swift (Android a bonus!).
- At least 2 years of experience building in Node.jsContact:Will Thomas / Redfish TechnologyExecutive Recruiter, IT Sales & MarketingO: 208.788.8260E: will[at]redfishtech[dot]comL: http://www.linkedin.com/in/willthomas007F: www.facebook.com/RedfishTechT: twitter.com/RedfishTechG+ plus.google.com/+RedfishtechN: tinyurl.com/ylmtqqc/W: www.redfishtech.comRedfish Technology Building Growth-Mode Tech Companies with Hand-Picked Talent.