Sr. Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22882
#22882 Sr. Data Engineer Brand Marketing, Market Research, Analytics
Location: San Francisco CA, 94105Company:
In just a few short years, our client has grown into America's largest purchase panel, helping brands and retailers grow via next generation consumer insights. Through their portfolio of proprietary mobile apps that incentivize a representative sample of Americans to take pictures of their receipts, they capture nearly 1 out of every 500 shopping trips made across the country. These shoppers also complete in-the-moment surveys to more fully explain the why behind the buy. With more than 100 million brick-and-mortar and ecommerce receipts captured annually, they ve rapidly become a primary source of real-time, omnichannel behavioral insights for industry leaders across the board.Opportunity:
The ideal candidate is an experienced data engineer and can serve as a thought leader on the team for organizing structured and unstructured data, managing data pipelines, building data models, and scaling out data warehouses.
Typical challenges that may present themselves as part of the role:
- When should we employ an ETL strategy versus and ELT strategy?
- What options exist to scale our data warehouse to support growing concurrency and report complexity?
- How would we process and organize a new stream of semi-structured data with 10m events/day?
- What solutions should be solved with a MPP data warehouse solutions versus a map-reduce system?
- Determine SLA strategy with Product & Business partners for new data sets
Along with a supporting cast of data engineers and application developers, this senior data warehouse lead will help provide answers and implement the solutions that allow our client to continue to build out the world's largest single-source set of purchase data across retailers.Requirements:
- Experience in ETL design and tools (Talend, Pentaho Kettle, Informatica).
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- Expert in SQL, including advanced analytical query.
- Experience working with a MPP data warehouse (Vertica, Redshift).Contact:Jon Piggins / Redfish TechnologyExecutive Recruiter, IT Sales & MarketingO: 208-788-8260E: jon[at]redfishtech[dot]comL: www.linkedin.com/in/jonpigginsF: www.facebook.com/RedfishTechT: twitter.com/RedfishTechG+ plus.google.com/+RedfishtechN: tinyurl.com/ylmtqqc/W: www.redfishtech.comRedfish Technology Building Growth-Mode Tech Companies with Hand-Picked Talent.