Sr. Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22557
#22557 Lead Application SE Enterprise Software
Location: San Francisco CA, 94129
Are you looking for your next big challenge? Are you interested in changing an entire industry?There is no industry more reliant on customer satisfaction than the hospitality industry. Our client's user-friendly platform, custom-designed for the unique needs of the hospitality industry, helps hotels dramatically improve the guest experience. With mobile and desktop solutions, our client helps hoteliers connect with guests pre-, during and post stay and easily collect and analyze customer feedback.
As a lead Applications Software Engineer, you will be helping us build SaaS
applications that enable hotels to better understand their guests and thus be able to
deliver exceptional personalized experiences to them.
- Creating new features and enhancing existing features while contributing at
every level of our technical stack
- Being the voice of engineering design and development best practices
- Mentoring junior developers through development process
- Developing and maintaining backend
services and using RESTful API's and
async message queues
- Developing world class user interface that provides best experience in product
- Rolling out our code to our containerized production environment
- Improving our application's overall performance by implementing, maintaining,
and tuning our search and nosql data stores.
As a team we take pride in building great products. Our engineers have complete
autonomy and are involved right from the start in the architecture and design process.
We are looking for energetic and intelligent individuals with strong CS fundamentals
who are collaborative and can work on their own.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
- Seasoned expert in PHP 5.5+ /Symfony2 software development (3+ years)
- Good working knowledge of frontend
frameworks AngularJS / React.Js (1+
- Experience with Async message processing using Queues (RabbitMQ / Kafka )
- Experience with RESTful APIs (3+ years)
- Experience with NoSql data stores, especially Cassandra
- Strong Linux system, networking, and process experience.
- Strong computer science OOP concepts and design patterns
- Source code version control strategies in Git
- M.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
- Expert in Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Good understanding of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Scrum
- If you know your way around the ELK stack it will be handy!
Willard Thomas | Redfish Technology
Executive Recruiter | IT Sales & Marketing
Redfish Technology- Building Growth-Mode Tech Companies with Hand-Picked Talent.