Senior Backend / Platform Engineer - Real-time Artificial Intelligence Platform
Redwood City, CA
Location/City : CA - Redwood City
Area Code : 650
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Country/Locale : USA
Id : 22972
#22972 Senior Backend / Platform Engineer - Real-time Artificial Intelligence PlatformLocation: Redwood City, CA, 94063Industry: Internet, Computer SoftwareOur client, a leader in Artificial Intelligence, is looking for a senior backend/platform engineer in our Redwood City office. They are changing the way the world understands, processes and reacts to real-time information. We have created the world's first "crystal ball" by giving people the power to see what's happening anywhere in the world, right now, and with that, we have become the most powerful event detection platform in the world. We literally break the news for the news.As a platform (backend) engineer, you will actively work with one of the largest LIVE datasets in the world. We don't say this lightly, it is literally billions of pieces of live data from a significant and diverse amount of resources. You will work on a variety of projects keeping the challenge of the job always fresh and exciting. One week you might be on an API for customers and the next helping scale up our data ingestion system to take in millions of hours of video.This position interacts with all aspects of the company from data science to product. It doesn't matter what school you went to or even what company you worked for in the past. What matters is that you are passionate about what you do, work well with a team, and never have the attitude that anything is impossible. You will:
- Work as part of a focused, committed team that values contribution from everyone and expects everyone to bring creative ideas to bear in solving some of the hardest technology problems in the industry.
- Have an opportunity to work with data and technology seen nowhere else (seriously).
- Develop, monitor, and maintain services that power a live understanding of what's happening in the world. This includes systems that bring in real-time data from hundreds of thousands of sources, manage analysis of such data, and manage storage and propagation of that data to downstream products. Requirements & non-requirements:
- 5+ years of experience with backend engineering.
- Expert knowledge of Ruby, Java, Python, or Go Experience with MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Memcached a bonus.
- Eagerness to tackle big problems that have unknown solutions at the outset (most of what we do has never been solved before, there are no whitepapers, no road map, we are literally the pioneers).
- Natural inclination to demand rigor in everything you build, even while building fast and adapting plans as we grow.
- Inherent curiosity and ability to learn new technologies, plus the ability to figure out the best tools for a given problem. We don't suffer from Not Invented Here' syndrome and try hard to use the best tool for the job.
- Focus on using data and objective, empirical methods to understand where we are and how to improve.
- Experience working on small, fast-moving, high capability teams.
- Experience designing and leading important systems software projects, using modern languages and technologies. We don't care as much about any one specific piece of technology expertise as with your ability and experience solving hard problems.
- Some of the best engineers we know had backgrounds that did not include college degrees in Computer Science or related fields. We care a lot more about how you work and your abilities than your academic background.Contact:Jon Piggins / Redfish TechnologyRecruiting ManagerO: firstname.lastname@example.org/in/jonpiggins/ Redfish Technology Building Growth-Mode Tech Companies with Hand-Picked Talent.