SENIOR TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER, SENIOR TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER - Big Data, Risk Analytics
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22530
#22530 SENIOR TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGERSENIOR TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER - Big Data, Risk Analytics
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (415) Company Description:Our Client is the pioneer in comprehensive risk analytics that improve the world's resilience to epidemics. Built on a strong foundation of epidemiology and international field science, including a worldwide network of on-the-ground experts, the company delivers actionable, data-driven insights that help countries, governments and corporations manage and mitigate infectious diseases. With a strategic global presence and sustained partnerships, their agile approach is helping the world track and transfer the risk associated with epidemic threats. The company's international footprint includes operations in 20 countries and offices in San Francisco, Washington, China, Canada, and Sierra Leone The Opportunity:Our client is seeking a high-energy technical product manager to add to its market focused product team. In this role, you will focus on building out data products and support build out of the data platform that addresses the needs of their enterprise customers. You will interface with key customers to understand market requirements and work collaboratively with other product leaders, engineers, data analysts and data scientists to convert these market requirements into products that will support real time decision-making and event modeling.Who you are:You are exceptionally intelligent - both IQ and EQ an energetic, go-getter, as passionate about working with partners and customers to truly understand their needs as you are about converting those requirements into detailed software specifications and working with engineering teams. You seek a creative outlet and enjoy a meaningful challenge. You love data. You crave to innovate, transform. You have impressive educational credentials and have worked on developing new data products as well as maintaining existing product lines.Specifically, you have:- Five or more years of experience releasing and managing market accepted enterprise SaaS solutions.
- Proven track record of defining and managing new product initiatives.
- Strong people influencing and negotiation skills.
- Significant experience working in agile software development environments and providing detailed feature specifications to engineers.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience; MBA is a plus. Responsibilities:- Drive operational excellence and continuous improvement of the data ingestion pipeline with a can do attitude.
- Gather detailed functional requirements from internal stakeholders, collaborate with the development team to identify feature details and document them as user stories.
- Assess business rules; perform source to target data mapping, design, review, implement and optimize ETL processes.
- Perform data analysis, provide development support for existing systems, and troubleshoot data and/or system issues within the Data Warehouse environment as well as upstream systems, as needed.
- Work cross functionally to drive implementation of new features and problem resolution, be comfortable rolling up sleeves and working alongside development team and data analyst team. Qualifications:- Background in data pipeline design and development using a mixture of Big Data platforms and traditional ETL solutions.
- Hands on experience with database / data structure design, data profiling, data refinement, query building and data mining required, exposure to Natural Language Processing preferred.
- Experience working with a wide variety of data types - structured, unstructured, social media, text documents, images etc.
- Experience with no-SQL technologies and big data platforms such as AWS, Hadoop and Spark required.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum model with remote teams.
- Passion for big data technologies.
- Strong business acumen and an understanding of how to solve business process problems with technical data solutions. Compensation:-Strong competitive salary.
-Early stage options + Matching 401(k).
-Employer-paid health benefits, PTO and more.
-The chance to join a company that's changing the world as we know it!Contact:Jon Piggins / Redfish TechnologyExecutive Recruiter, IT DivisionO: 208-788-8260E: jon[at]redfishtech[dot]comL: www.linkedin.com/in/jonpigginsF: www.facebook.com/RedfishTechT: twitter.com/RedfishTechG+ plus.google.com/+RedfishtechN: tinyurl.com/ylmtqqc/W: www.redfishtech.comNationwide High Tech Recruiting