Quantitative Financial Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Location/City : CA - Redwood City
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22925
Job # 22925 - Quantitative Data Analyst
Location: Redwood City, CACompany:Our client is an emerging high-tech company based in Silicon Valley, focused on
an innovative platform that provides insights and answers to the complexity
of ever-growing information. They are an accomplished team of alums from top
universities and industry leaders, and their managers have track records of
The company has successfully launched a portfolio of products and services,
including an intelligent framework based on a stack of Artificial Intelligence
algorithms that digest a multitude of data sources, both structured and
unstructured, and extract financial, economic, political and social indicators,
alongside the semantic explanatory rationale describing any given event.
Such a portfolio of services gives influential decision makers, researchers and
analysts a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of
information. They have a range of customers in the education sector
including some of the top research institutions across the US, UK and Europe.Job Opportunity:Creating, designing and implementing the next- generation of knowledge
discovery tools and financial big data analytics.
Successful candidates will be expected to develop cutting-edge machine
learning that can be used to extract decision-making signals from
heterogeneous streams of unstructured data in real-time..Responsibilities:- Perform independent research and prototyping; Collect and
preprocess large, noisy, structured and unstructured datasets
- Design and implementation of cutting-edge machine learning models
applied to finance
- Collecting and preprocessing data, prototyping concepts, designing cutting-edge machine learning algorithms
- Testing those Machine learning algorithms on Production dataRequirements:- Academic background in quantitative discipline, e.g. Statistics, Physics,
mathematics, Computer Science, Financial Mathematics, Econometrics
- 2 years of relevant experience in data analysis or related field.
- Proficient in a programming language (Python, R, Java, Scala as an
- Applied experience with machine learning, econometrics, financial
analytics on large datasets (Linear, Non-linear Models / Neural
Networks / ARIMA / VAR / GARCH / Risk Analysis)
- Proficiency in standard data analytics toolkits and models
You will be a good fit if you have...
- PhD or Masters in quantitative discipline, e.g. Statistics,
Physics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Econometrics etc.
- Familiarity with Financial Engineering with focus in Portfolio
Management, CAPM, Index Investing, Risk Management.
- Familiarity with Financial Instruments/Data, e.g., Equities, FX, Futures,
Commodities, Options, ETFs.
- Experience with statistical data analysis with financial and economic
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art algorithms in computational linguistics,
NLP, graph analysis and complex systems.
p: 208-788-8260 ||| 336-645-3858