Principle Systems Engineer -- edTech Software
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 760
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22570
#22570 Principle Systems Engineer edTech SoftwareLocation: San Francisco CA, 94101Company:Our Client is a global marketplace for teaching and learning online. Their course content and instructor community are constantly growing, with more than 30,000 courses taught by 16,000 instructors. They offer students the ability to learn as they go and succeed on their own terms, while instructors have a way to share their knowledge with the world. For companies, this company offers a subscription to our best business courses as well as an easy-to-use platform to create proprietary courses.Job Opportunity:
- Work with development and infrastructure teams to build robust and scalable infrastructure to support the Udemy platform.
- Function as a technical lead for various projects as needed, which involves project, resource, and deployment planning in addition to ongoing software engineering responsibilities.
- Mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
- Lead by example and contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering initiatives and innovation.
- Continue to research and evaluate new technologies that may improve performance and elegance of our infrastructure.
- Interface with senior leaders and company executives on technical matters.Qualifications- Python, Django
- Ansible, Docker, Mesos, Marathon
- nginx, HAProxy
- MySQL, Redis, Memcached
- RabbitMQ, Celery, Kafka, Spark
- Nagios, Munin, New Relic, Datadog- Minimum four (6) years experience in progressively more senior engineering roles.
- Strong background in application and systems level engineering.
- Track record of delivering major initiatives from planning to deployment.
- Experience with various SQL and NoSQL datastores.
- Excellent knowledge of instance provisioning, management, and software deployments.
- Working knowledge of modern Unix development and runtime environments.
- Strong technical communication skills.Contact:Willard Thomas | Redfish Technology
Executive Recruiter | IT Sales & Marketing
L:www.linkedin.com/in/willthomas007Redfish Technology- Building Growth-Mode Tech Companies with Hand-Picked Talent.