Front End Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22643
#22643 -- Front End engineer - Live Television Streaming Service
Location: San Francisco, 94107
Our Client is a San Francisco-based startup building the future of television letting you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing. Their leadership consists of founding team members from Facebook and Meraki, and brings deep industry experience to the team. They re a small team that puts our product experience first. They foster a flexible work environment that is supportive but allows for autonomy so that everyone on the team can help us build towards our vision. Our client s engineers own what they build from start to finish. They ship to production multiple times per day and keep unnecessary process to a minimum so they can maintain our pace of rapid development. They value pragmatism, having pride in our work, and deep transparency at all levels.
Job Description:The Product Team is responsible for designing, building, testing, and quite literally reinventing television, the most engaging product ever created, across web, mobile, and TV platforms. Just as television is about more than simply watching an episode of your favorite show, so too does their work extend well beyond the play button. We take TV schedules, movie and show metadata, live and on-demand feeds, recordings, real-time localized usage metrics, cross-device interoperability, and individualized viewing habits, preferences, restrictions, and notifications massaging it all into a comprehensive and seamless TV experience. They are positioned at the forefront of both web TV and front-end development technologies, building on DRM-decrypting HTML5 video along with a modern workflow leveraging React and ES6.
- Iteratively designing and improving upon the video players, application UIs, and cross-device interoperability.
- Architecting real-time data syncing across clients and servers.
- Prototyping, testing, and iterating upon new features.
- Improving and incorporating cross-platform metrics to continually measure engagement and usage patterns
- Building and maintaining large scale single page applications
- Working in a codebase with multiple contributors- 5+ years professional experience- Bachelors or equivalent in CS
Willard Thomas/Redfish Technology
Executive Recruiter, IT Sales & Marketing