Expert Services Engineer Next Generation Cognitive Computing (NLP, Machine Learning)
New York, NY
Location/City : NY - New York
Area Code : 202
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22827
Expert Services Engineer Next Generation Cognitive Computing, Financial Services Vertical (NLP, Machine Learning)
Location: New York, NY 10003
Our client is the trusted leader in cognitive computing. They build software that understands human communication in many languages, across many domains, and at enormous scale. Their award-winning Cognitive Computing platform; identifies threats, risks and opportunities by transforming messy, unstructured and often untapped data into a Knowledge Graph.
Their team relish challenges and love the idea of working to create solutions like nothing else out there. Along with competitive salaries, great benefits, a fantastic work environment and equity in the company, you'll get the opportunity to make a real difference in the world. Benefits begin day one and our client covers 100% of premiums (including for your dependents), provides a 401k match, unlimited PTO, flex schedule and a fresh new Mac Book. They are headquartered outside of Nashville, Tennessee, with offices in Washington, D.C., New York and London.
As an Expert Services Engineer, you will become a trusted advisor to our customers and an individual contributor on customer projects. You will work directly with customers and systems integrators to implement and integrate platform capabilities to help meet customer's needs. In this position, you will be exposed to multiple customers across multiple vertical business lines to help provide greater oversight on technical implementation details. As an individual contributor, your efforts will range from implementing new customer integrations to extending core product functionality. In an internal advisory role, you may assist the Product Engineering team interpret and implement customer enhancement requests.
You'll be working with the following technologies: Java, Groovy, Hadoop Mapreduce (Cloudera and Hortonworks), and Elasticsearch.
- Contribute to a complex code base with a well-defined public API.
- Assist in delivering large scale SaaS projects.
- Interact with Customer's IT to enable them to understand the platform capabilities and implementation details.
- Write precise and thorough documentation to support your implementation.
- Create well engineered, well tested and well documented software libraries and applications in Java 8.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, or related field.
- Ability to debug errors in JVM based programs.
- 3+ years Java programming experience and/or C++, C#.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex technical solutions to business people.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Customers.
- Experience with build systems such as Maven, Gradle Ant, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a group environment.
- Understanding of version control systems, such as git, svn or mercurial.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, Groovy, etc.).
- Extensive Experience with the Linux operating System.
- Comfortable with UNIX shell scripting.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with distributed processing on large clusters (Amazon EC2 or Azure).
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Understanding of big data technologies including YARN, Spark, HDFS, Kafka.
- Knowledge of web application servers such as Jetty or JBoss.
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP), text analytics, machine learning, and/or artificial intelligence (AI).
- Exposure to project management systems such as Jira.