Location/City : ID - Sandpoint
Area Code : 208
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22884
# 22351 DevOps Engineer - Mobile Data Analytics
Location: Sandpoint, ID 83864
Founded in November of 2011, this organization seeks to better understand the feedback loop of user acquisition, engagement, and LTV for mobile applications. Through creating apps for customers from a wide range of industries, they were posed to shed light on what media advertising efforts were converting and the effectiveness of their mobile ad spend, by partner. They are looking for employees that are up to the challenge of a dynamic, real-time, high volume transaction atmosphere.
This company is looking for a reliable and versatile engineer that has a passion for working with the latest technologies. A deep understanding of software and infrastructure along with building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of infrastructure, and monitoring will put a candidate in command of a massive infrastructure processing millions of transactions per minute.
- Stream line and enhance daily operational workflow of Linux systems in a 24x7x365 located in Google Compute engine, AWS and in their physical data center.
- Work directly with software developers to simplify processes, enhance services, and automate application delivery, facilitating the release of production-ready software many times a day.
- Create high-performance data pipelines on a global scale using a wide variety of open source technologies.
- Implement security policies that are universal across all systems.
- Enhance monitoring systems to identify bottlenecks and automatically scale infrastructure to meet their high demand.
- Be proactive and resolve issues before they become problematic.
- Document maintenance and support procedures for routine and complex tasks.
- Troubleshoot issues across entire stack: Hardware, software, application, and network within physical hardware and cloud-based environments.
-Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation and off-hours maintenance windows as necessary.
- In-depth Linux understanding (Ubuntu, CentOS, and CoreOS) running in the cloud, containers, or bare metal.
- Automation through scripting and configuration management. Understand multiple scripting languages, basic understanding of at least Go, PHP, Java, and Node.
- Hands on experience with container based deployments (Docker pref.) and configuration management tools (Ansible pref.).
- Experience with virtualization technologies and cloud.
- Versatility administering many application servers, web servers, and databases. ie. Nginx, MySQL, Hadoop, Druid, and Redis.
- Experience with testing and automated testing tools.
- Can work independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Enjoy helping others, and have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Must be comfortable working with a high volume of transactions. Billions of transactions per day.
- Must be willing to relocate to Sandpoint, ID. A beautiful, small town in northern Idaho on a pristine alpine lake and under a large ski resort mountain.
Contact:Jon Piggins / Redfish TechnologyExecutive Recruiter, IT Sales & MarketingO: 208-788-8260E: jon[at]redfishtech[dot]comL: www.linkedin.com/in/jonpigginsF: www.facebook.com/RedfishTechT: twitter.com/RedfishTechG+ plus.google.com/+RedfishtechN: tinyurl.com/ylmtqqc/W: www.redfishtech.comRedfish Technology Building Growth-Mode Tech Companies with Hand-Picked Talent.