DevOps Architect - Clinical Studies Platform
San Francisco, CA
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Area Code : 415
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22451
#22451 -- DevOps Architect - Clinical Studies
Location: San Francisco, 94103
Our client facilitates how study teams get clinical trials started and done. They're building the modern way to work together; a fast and versatile web application that connects sponsors, CROs, and sites with what s going on, their shared priorities, and who owns each part of the effort.
They are software engineering, clinical operations, and thought leaders from companies like Amgen, Genentech, Quintiles, Roche, Johnson & Johnson, CERN, McKinsey & Company, Intuit, Cisco WebEx, E*TRADE, Peoplesoft and Sun Microsystems. We're backed by Aberdare Ventures, Singapore EDBI, Qualcomm Life Fund of Qualcomm Ventures, West Health Investment Fund, and an experienced team of advisors.
The clinical study startup process is awful. Existing tools used to track site activation tasks and documents are manual, bloated, and complex. To take the next step in clinical study productivity, we need a fresh start. Our client created a way to help take that step; to improve the productivity of sponsors, CROs, and sites, to ultimately get medicines to those in need faster.
Job Description:The DevOps Architect will be a member of our client's DevOps Team reporting to the Director of DevOps. The architect is the primary owner of DevOps architecture for the company. The architect is also responsible for leading DevOps engineering, AWS architecture, continuous integration and deployments.As part of an agile development team the architect will build, automate and manage the infrastructure for goBalto. The architect will also be responsible for providing both your systems expertise and script coding skills to support the architecture, design, automation, deployment and monitoring of our cloud solutions and services. This is a hands-on position.
Requirements:- Real-world experiences with implementing docker
- Familiar with container orchestration tools/patterns (kubernetes, mesos, or swarm)
- Familiar with continuous integration/delivery patterns/tools (jenkins, drone, teamcity, etc)
- Familiar with deployment patterns/strategy (blue/green, canary, rolling, draining)
- Experienced in building scalable applications (12-factor, micro-services, immutable production)
- Experienced in application segregation (repo/library management, imaging, containers, virtualization) with technologies like Docker, Packer, AMI, bundler, rvm, nvm, npm, deb, etc. and the standard programming background (ruby, node, java, other), and design patterns, oop methodology and trends, functional programming, closures, etc.
- Familiar with source code management (git) and branching workflow patterns
- Familiar with change configuration (desired state) and immutable production (docker, ami) patterns, trends.
- Programming/Scripting Skills (Bash, Python, Ruby, Node.js) and knowledge of OOP design patterns
- Experiences with Apache Storm real-time data streaming technologies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as technical specialist in Customer-Facing roles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively across organizations
- Strong practical Linux system administration skills (with scripting) in virtualized/containerized environment.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure. Prior success in automating real-world production environment.
- Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
- Experience with change configuration tools, primary Ansible, and exposure to others (Chef, Puppet, Salt, or CFEngine3)
- Knowledge of networking (IP routing, VPNs, DNS, load balance, firewall) and security
- Knowledge of infrastructure data center concepts, understanding of Mesos, marathon, Kubernetes, docker swarm, mesosphere, Amazon container services.
- Cloud monitoring implementation and strategy (icinga, zabbix, nagios, sense, graphite, splunk, elasticsearch)
- CI environments (jenkins, teamcity) and deploy/orchestration patterns
- Exposure to automated testing tools (BDD, TDD)
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA, REST)
- Knowledge of architectural design patterns, e.g. immutable production, fail fast, stateless, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed computing concepts, e.g. independent failure, location transparency, consensus problems, Byzantine fault tolerance, self-stabilization, coordinator election, etc.
- Knowledge of systems and database performance tuning benchmark techniques, e.g. database sharding, table partitioning, horizontal/vertical scaling, user load, identification/measuring bottlenecks, system optimization, etc.
Willard Thomas/Redfish Technology
Executive Recruiter, IT Sales & Marketing