22899 Chief Technology Officer - Global eCommerce and Fulfillment
Location/City : ID - Boise
Area Code : 208
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Country/Locale : USA
Id : 22899
#22899 Chief Technology Officer - Global eCommerce and Fulfillment
Location: Boise, ID (83642)Company:
Our client is a multi-brand Ecommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home d cor. The company strives for excellence in everything it does and presents a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.Job Description:
As a key member of the executive management team, our client is seeking a hands-on, driven and innovative Chief Technology Officer to guide and implement the company's technology strategy. The CTO is part of the senior leadership team and will be working side by side with the CEO, COO & EVP's. The CTO is responsible for building and leading the technology team and guiding the company's technology strategy.The CTO is a dynamic role which is not only hands on with development and strategy, but also engages customers, partners, and investors working to tight deadlines. It is expected that the CTO will bring a breadth of experience required to evaluate the current structure of the technology organization against our objectives, and recommend and implement any changes that will result in optimal performance, as well as design incremental improvements as our company scales. In this role, you'll work closely with our external software development partners and cross-functionally with the Operations, eCommerce, Finance, and Marketing teams to create new software functionality and enhancements.
The CTO will report to the CEO and Board of Directors.What you'll do:
- Strategy & execution; you will re-define the technical roadmap and create strong technical processes, ensuring that key milestones are properly set and achieved.
- Oversee the software development processes, maintenance and enhancements of existing software products, and custom development of the tech stack/platform.
- Be responsible for software development lifecycle and project management for technology projects from initial design through execution and on-going maintenance.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work successfully with a globally distributed team.
- Ability to see the forest, not the trees. Our client operates in a competitive and rapidly evolving market. You have to be able to abstract away from the details and see the big picture.
- Build relationships and manage the relationships with 3rd party software development partners.
- Form strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners; the buck stops with you when it comes to serving as the point of contact for technology related concerns.
- Evaluate the end-to-end risks in eCommerce technology and identify opportunities to reduce exposure.What you bring to the table:
- At least 10 years in development.
- At least 5 years of experience as a CTO/VP of Engineering.
- Experience in helping companies scale in the startup world.
- A fundamental business and technology trends to help shape product roadmaps as well as areas for investment and acquisition.
- Responsible for short & longer term (3-5 years) strategy that requires a deep understanding of e-commerce technologies, development approaches, and operations.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems.
- Strong problem solving skills: adaptable, enthusiastic, and willing to take ownership.Required knowledge:
- Familiarity with: Java, MVC, JIRA, GIT, JQuery, OO-Programming, Agile, Scrum.
Experience with eCommerce platform integrations (e.g., SAP) and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce) preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Inquisitive, analytical and creative problem solver.Nice to have:
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to business people.
- Ability to translate business goals into technical roadmaps.
- You've maintained your hands on coding/scripting skills & aren't afraid to use them (even if it's just to take on your engineering team in a Hackathon).
Jon Piggins / Redfish TechnologyExecutive Recruiter, IT Sales & MarketingO: 208-788-8260E: jon[at]redfishtech[dot]comL: www.linkedin.com/in/jonpigginsF: www.facebook.com/RedfishTechT: twitter.com/RedfishTechG+ plus.google.com/+RedfishtechN: tinyurl.com/ylmtqqc/W: www.redfishtech.comRedfish Technology Building Growth-Mode Tech Companies with Hand-Picked Talent.