22706 Infrastructure Software Engineer - SDET
Palo Alto, CA
Location/City : CA - Palo Alto
Area Code : 650
Job Type : 1: Full Time
Id : 22706
#22706 Infrastructure Software Engineer - SDET - Mobile App (eCommerce)Location: Palo Alto, CACompany Description:Our client is enabling a new way to shop, built for the era of instant mobile commerce. Their app allows you to find, buy and seamlessly pick up products from nearby local stores. They allow users to search real-time local inventory across retailers, utilizing location-based technologies to alert stores when a customer is arriving for a pickup. The result ? consumers quickly get what they need and retailers better serve their increasingly mobile centric customers.Job DescriptionOrder products from nearby stores from your phone or computer and have them ready when you arrive at the store or delivered to you, all in about an hour. Easy to explain, but hard to get right, and even harder to validate. That's why they're looking for an infrastructure engineer in test. This is not a traditional QA position. They want someone who will apply the skills, outlook and passion of modern software engineering to quantifying, controlling and improving the entire stack.Responsibilities
- Ensuring the quality of a large distributed system through the right mixture of automated tests, monitoring and metrics collection.
- Detecting potentially catastrophic regressions in large, continuously updated data sets before our customers do.
- Correlating behavior in production to specific changes in relevant codebases and the runtime environment.
- Represent overall product quality to the business, and advocate for overall code quality to engineering.
- Understand design for testability and work with product engineers on achieving it.
- Maximizing test coverage while minimizing test suite run time.
- Work closely with business and engineering infrastructure operations to understand anomalous production behavior and coordinate appropriate responses.
- Build out and manage testing infrastructure.Qualifications- 3+ years of experience and proficiency in Java or Python with the willingness to learn Clojure.
- Statistical methods of quality measurement and failure prediction.
- Expertise in industry standard testing and validation tools for unit-level tests (e.g. jUnit, Nose) and business-facing acceptance testing (e.g. Cucumber, Fitnesse).
- Experience with generative testing and failure case minimization a la QuickCheck.
- Data collection and instrumentation via both low-tech (telnet, netcat, curl) and hi-tech (SystemTap, DTrace) methods.
- Using static analysis and code coverage tools to drive concrete improvements in code quality.
- Experience troubleshooting and reverse engineering complex, dynamic systems.
Willard Thomas/Redfish Technology
Executive Recruiter, IT Sales & Marketing